Pages - Menu

Monday, December 22, 2014

Morning Show: The Revival


I started this blog with an aim to write about every movie I watched in the theatre, and for a while it ran well; the numbers were good too, in fact better than my personal blog. When I felt reasonably satisfied with my work, I also intended to use this as a showcase to get a film reviewer job at fullhyd.com, a website based in Hyderabad, whose work I loved. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out, probably I wasn’t good enough, anyway they had many people within their company vying for that coveted position, and they wanted to outsource it.

Down the line, I also realized that I was not really qualified enough to be critiquing movies, coz neither I had the understanding of the art of film criticism, nor I was really knowledgeable on Indian Cinema in general and Telugu Cinema in particular. Also, ennui and mediocrity of our cinema caught up with me and I lost interest in the whole process of writing about movies, just to add to the chaos already prevailing with the release of every film. Writing about movies should be fun, and when I’m not having it, I saw no point in continuing my efforts.

I wanted to revive this blog for a long time now, but didn’t find the energy or inspiration to do so. I’m not saying I’m inspired even now, but I wanted to give this blog another shot. This time, this is not going to be a review blog. I’m done with movie reviews, unless a really irresistible offer comes my way, which, frankly, I don’t think will ever come up. The second coming of this blog will be also about movies, but only those that I like and want the readers of my blog to watch. Also, I won’t be writing about the movies that everyone will watch, like an Aamir Khan film or a Christopher Nolan one. They don’t need my endorsement. Instead, I aim to write about the lesser known or lesser publicized movies, which I find good enough to my taste. 

I don’t know how periodical this will be, coz I have to factor in my laziness at some point. The film has to pester me so much that I have to write about it, and people who know me, know my taste too, so the film had to be special for me, for me to write about it. I think I offer myself some vanity in this regard, and also due to the simple fact that this is my blog. Also, at this point I’m not sure if I would be writing only about the latest releases which I catch up in theatres, or I would be writing about the ones I watch in my laptop. I’d like to keep that open, but I promise, I won’t write anymore about Taxi Driver. The point is that the movie has to impress me so much that I have to write about it just to get it out of my system.

So, here I am writing a post on this blog after more than a year, I don’t know about my readers, but I’m looking forward to the first movie I will write about in this second innings. Hope it comes my way soon. I can’t wait.

4 comments:

  1. Take it as one of your new year resolutions to revive this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the whole idea behind this revamp :) Thanks for being here

      Delete